Rate this Article
First Published :Thu Oct 29 17:01:20 GMT 2015
Last Modified :Mon Sep 10 13:40:13 GMT 2018
Last Published :Mon Sep 10 13:40:13 GMT 2018
Provides information about the Health Advocate benefit for employees
Health Advocate is a personal advocate service providing one-on-one help to resolve health care and insurance-related issues. Eligibility: All benefits eligible employees, their spouses/domestic partners, depended children, parents and parents-in-law; also post-docs (even if not enrolled in Tufts plans). Overview of Services:Health Care:
- Find the right doctors, specialists and other providers
- Schedule appointments; arrange treatments and tests
- Locate the right treatment facilities or clinical trials
- Answer questions about tests, treatments and medications
- Research and locate treatments; secure second opinions
- Help transfer medical records, X-rays and lab results
- Explain coverage policies
- Get appropriate approvals for covered services
- Identify alternatives for non-covered services
- Uncover errors
- Get estimates; negotiate fees, payment arrangements
- Supply providers with required information to pay a claim
- Get to the bottom of coverage denials
- Advise about appeal rights
Eligibility:All active employees, provided that you are benefits eligible (which means that you are an exempt ornon-exempt employee regularly scheduled to work 17.5 hours or more a week, with a minimum 90days employment period.Vendor Contact Information:Health Advocate can be contacted at 866-695-8622.
- Find in-home care, adult day care, long-term care
- Clarify Medicare and Medicare Supplement plans
- Coordinate care among multiple providers
- Research transportation to appointments
Health Advocate cannot help with issues based internationally but members who are traveling abroad can still access the service for US based issues.
The member would need to dial the country code to call the US from another country. Since the standard number is toll free, they will need to use the DID number for the 866 line which is 215-358-5694.
Our recommendation is for that member to check with their cell phone carrier and ask about policies around calling the USA while abroad.
Claims, appeals, denials, medical, health plan, dental plan, vision plan, wellness, medical records, insurance company, doctor, elder, treatment, medications, and Medicare