Personal Purchases Erroneously Made on the Corporate Card; e-Expense Process/Owing Tufts
Rate this Article
First Published :Thu Sep 18 13:46:37 GMT 2014
Last Modified :Fri Jun 16 17:11:06 GMT 2017
Last Published :Fri Jun 16 17:11:06 GMT 2017
If you made a personal purchase using the Tufts Corporate card, this article will explain how to reconcile the transaction.
If you erroneously made a personal charge on your Corporate Card, mark that transaction as “personal” when filling out your e-Expense report (charge to a deptID and not a grant). The amount will be deducted from your out of pocket reimbursement. See below to confirm whether you owe the university.
Confirm what you are owed or what you owe Tufts University
To know what you are owed or what you owe Tufts, review your report before submitting.
- Click the “Print” button. You will see the QR code.
- Click “next’ and the report will display (see page 9 of the user guide).
- If in the “Total Due Traveler” field you see a negative number, this value represents money owned to Tufts.
What to do when you owe Tufts?
If you owe money on an e-Expense report, a credit voucher will be created within TSS Accounts Payable.
To pay Tufts back, you have two options:
More information about this process is available in the e-Expense User Guide.
- If you expect to receive another reimbursement (sufficient to cover the amount) within 60 days you can leave the credit as is and the amount owed will be deducted from the next reimbursement.
- If you will not be getting a reimbursement or wish to pay Tufts back now, send a check to Tufts Support Services/Attn: Travel/62R Talbot Ave/Medford. TSS will deposit the money into the DeptID and remove the credit from the system. Please make checks payable to “Trustees of Tufts College” and reference the report number.
If you owe the University money for something like personal expenses on a Travel or PCard (not sure what other examples) but you also have a Cell Phone Reimbursement or submit for Business or Travel Reimbursements or are due payment for anything else the amount you owe will be deducted from that reimbursement or any future reimbursements until the amount owed is current.
Owing and Reimbursement
personal purchase, corporate card, what to do when you owe Tufts, Net Owed after other payments, checks for expense reports, travel funds receivable.