Click here for 2019 AccessTufts Benefit Information
Click Post Doc Dental Coverage for Post Doc Dental InformationEligibility-If you do not enroll within 31 days of the date you are first eligible, you will not be able to enroll until the next annual open enrollment, unless you experience a Qualified Status Change. See Change in Benefits Election after Change in Life Status (Qualified Status Changes.
All active, regular employees at the University are eligible, provided that you are an exempt or non-exempt employee regularly scheduled to work 17.5 hours or more a week, with a minimum 90 days employment period, or faculty member with at least a half time (as determined by the academic department), two- semester appointment
See pages 5-8 of the Summary Plan Description for Benefits Eligible Employees for full Eligibility information for Staff, Faculty, Dependents, and Retirees.
New hire paperwork must be completed before Benefits Enrollment can happen and they can’t both happen on the same day. There is an overnight process that runs after the New Hire steps are done and the constituent should have a Benefits Event open and be able to enroll in all Health & Welfare Benefits (Medical/Dental/Life, etc.) the following day (sometimes due to timing, could be the day after). If it has been more than 2 days since New Hire steps have been completed, send to T2 Queue. Also, they will not have an open 403B event in order to complete enrollment in the Retirement plan until the day after the Benefits event is closed.Provider Contact Information
To find out if your dentist is part of the Delta Premier National network, ask your dentist, call Delta Dental’s customer service department at 1-800-872-0500 or check the Directory of Participating Dentists on Delta’s website at www.deltamass.com (choose Delta Dental Premier). The Tufts University Delta Dental Group number is 009340-6601.
2019 Open Enrollment ID Cards for new members: Delta has confirmed there is a slight delay in mailing this year due to heavy volume. Members (only newly enrolled employees) can expect to receive their cards between 1/9 and 1/11/2019.*** if you need a replacement card or never received the card upon enrollment, call Delta Dental at 800-872-0500, and follow these prompts.
- Only new Subscribers (aka newly enrolled employee) will receive ID cards (a set of two cards per family)
- If a Subscirber adds/drops dependents, new ID cards are not sent, the new dependent can use existing ID cards
- If a Subscriber and/or dependents move groups (Active to COBRA or Retiree group), new ID cards are not sent, they can use existing ID cards
- Members don’t need a physical ID card to use benefits. Providers can confirm coverage by contacting Delta Dental with the member’s SSN or Tufts University Group ID (009340) and Subscriber ID #.
- Subscribers may request additional ID cards by contacting Delta Dental by phone: 800-872-0500, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, online portal)***
- Members have the option to download the Delta mobile app, which allows them to access a virtual ID card, offers a provider search tool, appointment scheduling tool (with participating providers) and the ability to view claims history and plan coverage.
Press 2 for Members/Subscribers
Press 1 to order a new card
Press 2 to enter subscriber's SSN, then enter SSN
Press 1 to confirm SSN, then enter DOB upon prompt
Press 1 to confirm DOB
Press 6 to order a new card
Press 1 to have it mailed to the address on file. The card will arrive in 2-4 weeks