Click Post Doc Dental Coverage for Post Doc Dental Information
Dental Benefits for Faculty/Staff
Tufts University offers a comprehensive Dental Plan for you and your family members through the Delta Dental Premier USA Plan. You will receive greater benefits when you obtain your dental care from a participating dentist from the Tufts University School of Dental Medicine or in the Delta Dental Premier with National Coverage network, which includes 171,000 dentists.
- Calendar Year Maximum: $1500 per person
- Preventive and diagnostic services at 100% including one cleaning every six months if you use a Delta Dental dentist. If you get services at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, you can have up to three cleanings per calendar year.
- Basic restorative (restorative, oral surgery, periodontics, endodontics, prosthetic maintenance, and emergency dental care) at 80%, after a deductible of $50 per individual, $100 per two-person, or $150 per family, when you use a Delta Dental dentist. If you get your dental care at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, these services will be covered at 90% with no deductible.
- Major restorative (prosthodontics and major restorative) at 60%, after a deductible of $50 per individual plan, $100 per two-person, or $150 per family, when you use a Delta Dental dentist. If you get your dental care at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, these services will be covered at 80%, with the same deductibles as above.
- Regardless of which dentist you use, orthodontic services are covered at 50% for any age, with a separate lifetime maximum of $1,000.
- Rollover Maximum: Members can save and accumulate part of their unused benefit dollars from a healthy year and use them for larger, more expensive procedures in the future. Click for details on the Rollover Max program.
If you do not enroll within 31 days of the date you are first eligible, you will not be able to enroll until the next annual open enrollment, unless you experience a Qualified Status Change. See Change in Benefits Election after Change in Life Status (Qualified Status Changes.All active, regular employees at the University are eligible, provided that you are an exempt or non-exempt employee regularly scheduled to work 17.5 hours or more a week, with a minimum 90 days employment period, or faculty member with at least a half time (as determined by the academic department), two- semester appointment
See pages 5-8 of the Summary Plan Description for Benefits Eligible Employees for full Eligibility information for Staff, Faculty, Dependents, and Retirees.Provider Contact Information
To find out if your dentist is part of the Delta Premier National network, ask your dentist, call Delta Dental’s customer service department at 1-800-872-0500 or check the Directory of Participating Dentists on Delta’s website at www.deltamass.com. The Tufts University Delta Dental Group number is 009340-6601. Delta cards are automatically sent to the home address within 15 days of enrollment. If a member needs a replacement card, call 800-872-0500 and follow these steps.
Press 2 for Members/Subscribers
Press 1 to order a new card
Press 2 to enter subscriber's SSN, then enter SSN
Press 1 to confirm SSN, then enter DOB upon prompt
Press 1 to confirm DOB
Press 6 to order a new card
Press 1 to have it mailed to the address on file. The card will arrive in 2-4 weeks. The dental card only issues cards with the subscriber's name on them. The covered dependent would provide that same card to the dental office and they would be able to verify their coverage using that same member/group ID #'s.School of Dental Medicine
*The School of Dental Medicine clinic is a teaching facility with dentists‐in‐training working with experienced dentists who are in the Delta Dental provider network. The clinic is located at One Kneeland Street in Boston. The discount may be applied at any clinic at the dental school, including the predoctoral, postgraduate, faculty practice and hygiene clinics. Enhanced benefits do not apply to the Dental School's Faculty Practice or Hygiene Clinic. Questions: call 617‐636‐6828.
Employee Discounts – Tufts University School of Dental Medicine Clinics
■ 20% discount off the cost of services provided at a Tufts University School of Dental Medicine Clinic for benefits‐eligible faculty and staff. This discount is taken off the patient balance after insurance benefits have been applied. You do not have to be enrolled in the Delta Dental Plan to qualify. This discount does not apply to spouses, domestic partners or dependents who are not Tufts University employees. The discount applies to any clinic at the dental school, including predoctoral, and postgraduate. This discount does not apply to Faculty Practice, and Hygiene Clinic.
■ 20% discount off the cost of orthodontics services for dependent children (up to age 26) of benefits‐eligible faculty and staff in the School of Dental Medicine Orthodontics Clinic. The discount is taken off the patient balance after insurance benefits have been applied. You do not have to be enrolled in the Delta Dental Plan to qualify.
Please see the Dental page on AccessTufts, as well as the Summary Plan Description, for more information on the dental insurance plan offered to eligible employees at Tufts.