Fitness Reimbursement Benefit
If you are enrolled in Tufts Health Plan (quality, tradition or value plan), through the university for at least three months during the calendar year, the Fitness Reimbursement Benefit offers you and one other covered dependent (ages 18 and older) a 3-month reimbursement for health club membership fees or 24 group fitness classes within a 12-week period. There is no value cap on this benefit as long as it meets the criteria.
Fitness expenses must meet the following criteria for reimbursement:
* For fitness centers, you must be a member of the center for at least three months during the calendar year before you qualify for the reimbursement
* The center must offer cardio and strength-training machines and other programs for improved
* Group exercise classes must take place in a studio or health club and include classes such as
aerobics, cycling, yoga, Pilates, Zumba and kickboxing.
Eligible expenses do not include:
* Martial arts centers, gymnastic centers, country clubs, aerobics-only or pool-only centers, sports
teams and leagues, social clubs and tennis clubs.
* Personal trainers and sports coaches.
* The purchase of personal or at-home exercise machines.
* Dance classes and classes held in a residential setting.
For 2018, the reimbursement is available to members age 18 and older. The subscriber and one other covered dependent qualify for a $150 individual reimbursement with a maximum of $300 family per year on expenses for fitness center membership or 24 group exercise classes within a 12-week period.
Weight Watchers® Reimbursement Benefit
Similar to the fitness benefits, if you are enrolled in a health plan (Quality, Traditional or Value) through the university for at least three (3) months in the calendar year, the Weight Watchers® Reimbursement Benefit offers you and one other eligible dependent (ages 13 and older), reimbursement for qualifying weight management programs for up to twelve weeks of expenses.
Qualifying Weight Watchers® programs include:
* Traditional Weight Watchers meetings
* Weight Watchers® At Work Programs
Eligible expenses do not include:
* Weight Watchers Online
* Weight Watchers At Home Programs
* Fees for individual nutrition counseling sessions, books, food, videos, scales or other items.
All active, regular employees at the University are eligible who meet the criteria mentioned above are eligible, provided that you are also benefits eligible (which means that you are an exempt or non-exempt employee regularly scheduled to work 17.5 hours or more a week, with a minimum 90 days employment period).
An employee requesting reimbursement must complete the form and mail it directly to the Health Plan.
For 2018, the reimbursement is available to members age 13 and older. The subscriber and one other covered dependent qualify for a $150 individual reimbursement with a maximum of $300 per family, per calendar year, paid to the subscriber. To be eligible, members must be enrolled in a Tufts University health plan for at least 3 months during 2018.
Vendor Contact Information:
Tufts Health Plan
Please visit the Fitness and Weight Watchers section on AccessTufts for more information, including the appropriate instructional forms for applying for Fitness and/or Weight Watchers Reimbursement. Tufts Health Plan usually process reimbursements within 4 to 6weeks of receipt and will mail a check.