Time Off Information and Time Off Tracking- Award and Accrual Process
Rate this Article
First Published :Tue May 19 17:35:47 GMT 2015
Last Modified :Tue Jun 27 12:54:49 GMT 2017
Last Published :Tue Jun 27 12:54:49 GMT 2017
describes the time off information system within eserve
Within eServe (Employee Self Service) is a Time Off Information link, where Staff can view their accrued time or time taken and Managers can also view their Direct Reports' Time Off Information. The Manager can log into his/her own eServe, click Time Off Information, and the page will default to his/her personal Time Off Information. See attached Tip Sheet for Time Off Information-Manager View.
Time Off Information is not to be confused with Time Off Tracking, which is only available to Timekeepers and requires access to the Time Entry System (PeopleSoft HRMS application must be submitted). See these screenshots to view the difference: Time Off Tracking Versus Time Off Information
Described below are some characteristics of the system.
- A monthly process will add vacation and sick time to these balances. Accrued vacation will be credited on the 15th of each month; non-exempt sick time is added on an employee’s anniversary.
- Departments record time off for Semi-monthly paid employees through the Time Off Tracking* process, while time off for Weekly paid employees is captured from theTime Entry system. Both of these transfer information to Time Off Information.
- Time off is reported in hours, not days.
- *Time Off Tracking Tip Sheet
Time Off Tracking FAQ
Time Off Tracking Formulas.pdf
- Time Entry Tip Sheet
- NOTE: Personal days do not accrue - they are awarded July 1 and must be used by June 30.
Bonus days for attendance must be used one year from the employee anniversary date.
If an employee is hired, or returning to work from an unpaid leave, on or before the fifteenth (15th) day of the month, the employee will receive vacation credit for the month. If an employee is terminating, or going out on unpaid leave, on or after the fifteenth day of the month, the employee will receive vacation credit for the month. Upon completion of the trial period, employees receive vacation accrual retroactive to their first day of employment.
time off, vacation time, accrued time, personal days, eServe, bonus time, sick time