TSS - Foreign National Tax Return

Foreign National Tax Return

Rate this Article (Average Rating: 0) Show Properties
First Published  :Wed Feb 21 17:03:58 GMT 2018
Last Modified  :Mon Apr 01 12:06:05 GMT 2019
Last Published  :Mon Apr 01 12:06:05 GMT 2019
Summary : 


Primary Information

    Any Foreign National who received a W-2 and/or a 1042-S is required to file a Federal and State tax return (regardless of any Tax Treaties). Note that international employees may receive a 1042S instead of/in addition to a W-2. See also International Employees Tax Treaties .

    Please note that Tufts cannot provide advice or assistance in completing tax forms.  The International Center has tax prep software to assist you filing your tax return with the Federal and State Governments.  Additional information about the web based software (Sprintax) is located on the International Center website https://global.tufts.edu/international-center/taxes-and-social-security/tax-preparation-and-assistancesprintaxThe International Center will email you an Access Code by early March. The International Center and Tufts Support Services are not in a position to offer tax advice.  If you have specific tax questions or concerns, you will need to contact a tax professional (either a Certified Public Accountant or Tax Attorney).  Other tools to assist you in filing your taxes are the Internal Revenue Service website (www.irs.gov) and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue website (www.mass.gov/dor). 

Related Information



    tax, 1042-S, W-2, tax treaty, tax treaties