Rate this Article
First Published :Tue May 21 17:07:23 GMT 2019
Last Modified :Tue Feb 22 19:50:53 GMT 2022
Last Published :Tue Feb 22 19:50:53 GMT 2022
Outside of the Open Enrollment Benefit period, which takes place every Fall, an employee can only enroll or make changes to annually selected benefits* under these circumstances:
*Annually selected benefits include health, dental, vision, FSA, life insurance, LTD and Legal Services. There are other benefits when enrollment or change can happen anytime. See details here.Some Examples of Qualified Life Events:
- Within 30 days of your new hire (or newly benefits eligible) date, or
- On the Qualified Life Event date or within 31 days following the Life Event date (eServe will not allow you to input a future date)
For more information about how to create a life event in eServe and what acceptable documentation is required to support the event, refer to this page!
- If you get married, separated, divorced, start a new domestic partnership or end a domestic partnership.
- If your spouse, domestic partner, or other eligible dependent has started a new job, has been notified their employment is ending, or is going on leave.
- When you add a child to your family by birth, adoption or gaining legal custody or guardianship of a child (Your child’s benefits start as of the date of their birth, adoption, custody or guardianship).
- You or your dependent turns 26.
Formerly known as Qualified Status Changes, QSC, Benefit Changes, Life, Events. Changes