TSS ANNOUNCEMENTS01/23/23 Your 2022 W-2 is now available on Employee Self Service (eServe).The 2022 W-2 Forms have been posted to Employee Self Service (eServe) and are accessible to those who consented to the electronic delivery of their W-2.
If you have not consented to the electronic delivery of your W-2, it has been mailed to the address on file in Employee Self Service (eServe). Read more here!01/03/23 Mileage Rate Change
The Internal Revenue Service today issued the 2023 optional standard mileage rates used to calculate the deductible costs of operating an automobile for business, charitable, medical or moving purposes.
Beginning on January 1, 2023, the standard mileage rates for the use of a car (also vans, pickups or panel trucks) will be:
- 65.5 cents per mile driven for business use, up 3 cents from the midyear increase setting the rate for the second half of 2022.
- 22 cents per mile driven for medical or moving purposes for qualified active-duty members of the Armed Forces, consistent with the increased midyear rate set for the second half of 2022.
- 14 cents per mile driven in service of charitable organizations; the rate is set by statute and remains unchanged from 2022.
These rates apply to electric and hybrid-electric automobiles, as well as gasoline and diesel-powered vehicles.
12.20.22 Calendar Year 2023 Payroll Calendars Now Available!
12.19.22 Blue Cross Blue Shield Information and Reminders
* Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) will not be open for service on Monday December 26 and Monday January 2.
12.15.22 Early Time Entry Submission Dates - Read this notice!
* A reminder that effective 1/1/23, BCBS will partner with CVS Caremark for pharmacy benefit services, replacing Express Scripts. Members should have already received a letter from BCBS if this impacts prescriptions currently in existence. Members should also receive an updated ID card with new pharmacy benefit information (note your member ID number will not change). Questions? Call 888-261-0133.
12.6.22 It's Time to think W-2 and Tax Season.
Do you consent for your W-2 to be delivered electronically? If not, learn more! It's also that time of year to check to ensure your mailing address is correct in PeopleSoft. Read this announcement for more information.
11.16.22 REMINDER: Early Time Entry due to Thanksgiving holiday. Time entry is due at 3:00 on Friday, 11/18 for the week ending 11/19/22.
11.15.22 OPEN ENROLLMENT IS NOW CLOSED!
10.17.22 OPEN ENROLLMENT is coming soon: October 31 to November 14, 2022. Read more!
9.13.22 PeopleSoft HR (eServe) Shutdown
8/31/22 New Department Admin Resource Hub!
07.15.22 Tuition Remission Process now Online!
While Tuition Remission policies are unchanged, we have revamped the application process from an old-school paper application to a sleek new online format. To take advantage of this new format:
Curious about the new application process? Click here: Employees - Tuition Remission Process 06.28.22 Merit Increases in Time Entry
This is a friendly reminder as we head into the long July 4th weekend that Time Entry will still be due by 3pm on Tuesday, July 5th. The holiday will be celebrated on Monday, July 4th, so please keep this tightened timeline in mind.
When reviewing your timekeeps for the week ending July 2nd, you should see a second row for employees who have received a Merit Increase. This should appear as 1 day (7 hours, July 1 representing their new rates) in the top row, and 4 days in the next row (June 27, 28, 29, 30).
Screenshot below for reference:
06.23.22 2022 Fiscal Year-End Deadlines are Approaching
The close of Tufts University's fiscal year is upon us, and below you will find helpful resources and deadlines to ensure all transactions are processed appropriately and on-time!
Looking for even more detail? Look no further - this document provides additional insight into our deadlines and processes behind the scenes.06.13.22 New Mileage Rate effective July 1, 2022In recognition of recent gasoline price increases, the Internal Revenue Service has announced an increase in the mileage reimbursement rate for the final six months of 2022. Effective July 1, 2022, the standard mileage rate for business travel will be 62.5 cents per mile, up 4 cents from the rate effective at the start of the year. The new rate for moving expenses will be 22 cents for the remainder of 2022, up 4 cents from the rate effective at the start of 2022. Please contact Tufts Support Services with any questions.
Previous Announcements (April 2022)Previous Announcements (March 2022)Previous Announcements (February 2022)Previous Announcements (January 2022)Previous Announcements (December 2021)
05.26.22 Terminate Student Jobs in eServe
- If your department is currently employing a student worker, but this position is no longer needed, terminate the student job in eServe. There is no approval flow, the termination happens upon submission. This is especially important for graduating students: Another department may wish to hire the recent graduate as a temporary worker, but cannot do so if the graduate has an active student job.
- If the recently graduated student will continue working in a temporary capacity with your department, please terminate the student job and rehire them as a temporary worker. (Temporary Hires on Tufts Payroll)
Step-by-Step: Terminating Student Jobs in eServe
- Breadcrumbs: Nav Bar > Navigator > Tufts Menu >Tufts ePAF >Actions > Student & Temporary Employees >Terminations
- Search Employee-ID & Select your Student
- Enter "Last Day Worked" and Submit
- Done and dusted! Thank you for your help!
Click below for screenshots of each step!
Terminating Student Jobs in eServe (ePAF)