News and Announcements
Rate this Article
First Published :Wed Dec 01 16:21:13 GMT 2021
Last Modified :Tue Sep 13 20:44:29 GMT 2022
Last Published :Tue Sep 13 20:44:29 GMT 2022
TSS ANNOUNCEMENTS9.13.22 PeopleSoft HR (eServe) Shutdown
8/31/22 New Department Admin Resource Hub!
07.15.22 Tuition Remission Process now Online!
While Tuition Remission policies are unchanged, we have revamped the application process from an old-school paper application to a sleek new online format. To take advantage of this new format:
Curious about the new application process? Click here: Employees - Tuition Remission Process 06.28.22 Merit Increases in Time Entry
This is a friendly reminder as we head into the long July 4th weekend that Time Entry will still be due by 3pm on Tuesday, July 5th. The holiday will be celebrated on Monday, July 4th, so please keep this tightened timeline in mind.
When reviewing your timekeeps for the week ending July 2nd, you should see a second row for employees who have received a Merit Increase. This should appear as 1 day (7 hours, July 1 representing their new rates) in the top row, and 4 days in the next row (June 27, 28, 29, 30).
Screenshot below for reference:
06.23.22 2022 Fiscal Year-End Deadlines are Approaching
The close of Tufts University's fiscal year is upon us, and below you will find helpful resources and deadlines to ensure all transactions are processed appropriately and on-time!
Looking for even more detail? Look no further - this document provides additional insight into our deadlines and processes behind the scenes.06.13.22 New Mileage Rate effective July 1, 2022In recognition of recent gasoline price increases, the Internal Revenue Service has announced an increase in the mileage reimbursement rate for the final six months of 2022. Effective July 1, 2022, the standard mileage rate for business travel will be 62.5 cents per mile, up 4 cents from the rate effective at the start of the year. The new rate for moving expenses will be 22 cents for the remainder of 2022, up 4 cents from the rate effective at the start of 2022. Please contact Tufts Support Services with any questions.
Previous Announcements (April 2022)Previous Announcements (March 2022)Previous Announcements (February 2022)Previous Announcements (January 2022)Previous Announcements (December 2021)
05.26.22 Terminate Student Jobs in eServe
- If your department is currently employing a student worker, but this position is no longer needed, terminate the student job in eServe. There is no approval flow, the termination happens upon submission. This is especially important for graduating students: Another department may wish to hire the recent graduate as a temporary worker, but cannot do so if the graduate has an active student job.
- If the recently graduated student will continue working in a temporary capacity with your department, please terminate the student job and rehire them as a temporary worker. (Temporary Hires on Tufts Payroll)
Step-by-Step: Terminating Student Jobs in eServe
- Breadcrumbs: Nav Bar > Navigator > Tufts Menu >Tufts ePAF >Actions > Student & Temporary Employees >Terminations
- Search Employee-ID & Select your Student
- Enter "Last Day Worked" and Submit
- Done and dusted! Thank you for your help!
Click below for screenshots of each step!
Terminating Student Jobs in eServe (ePAF)
W-2 Available, Student Minimum Wage Increase, New Mileage Reimbursement Rate