Announcement December 6, 2021: REVIEW INFORMATION FOR ANNUAL TAX FILINGS
Rate this Article
First Published :Mon Dec 06 05:13:36 GMT 2021
Last Modified :Mon Dec 13 05:00:13 GMT 2021
Last Published :Mon Dec 13 05:00:13 GMT 2021
To: Notice to All EmployeesFrom: Tufts Support ServicesDate: December 6, 2021Re: REVIEW INFORMATION FOR ANNUAL TAX FILINGSIn preparation for annual tax filings, please review the following items. Consent to allow electronic delivery of your W-2
You may also watch this brief video: Consent to receive W-2 electronically in eServe
- To support sustainability you can receive your W-2 electronically. To do so we are legally required to receive your consent. To provide your consent for electronic delivery of your W-2:
- Log into eServe
- Select “Payroll & Compensation”
- Select “W-4, W-2, W-2 Consent, 1095-C” and “W-2/W-2c Consent”
- Agree to receive your W-2 tax form for 2021 online.
Considerations for employees working outside of Massachusetts
- Your electronic W-2 will be available on eServe in late January.
- If you do not consent, your W-2 will be mailed to your mailing address or home address (if a mailing address is not recorded) in eServe. Thus, please take a moment to check your home and mailing address in eServe.
- If you need help accessing your eServe account, please contact Tufts Technology Services (617-627-3376 or email@example.com.)
- During this calendar year the pandemic may have resulted in you working in a state where Tufts is not currently registered as an employer. For these situations, Tufts withheld Massachusetts payroll taxes. You may also have worked in a state in which we are registered but did not change your W-4 to initiate a change in your state tax withholding. In both cases, we recommend that you consult a tax advisor on properly filing your annual state income taxes. The Tufts’ Employee Assistance Provider offers a free tax consultation. If you work outside of Massachusetts, please review the remote work guidelines published by the MA Department of Revenue.
- More guidance on state income tax withholding for those working outside of Massachusetts will be provided in early January.
- If you have tax or payroll questions, please feel free to contact Tufts Support Services (TSS) (617-627-7000 or firstname.lastname@example.org). Please know that TSS cannot provide you with personal tax advice.