Check Voucher Process
Rate this Article
First Published :Fri Apr 10 19:16:39 GMT 2020
Last Modified :Wed Feb 10 20:45:50 GMT 2021
Last Published :Wed Feb 10 20:45:50 GMT 2021
A check voucher is a form of payment restricted to these payment types:
* Patient Refunds
* Study Participants
* Payments to Department of Homeland Security for Visa Applications
* Student & Non-Employee Travel & Business Expense
We have transitioned from a paper based process to an online Electronic Check Voucher system.
Electronic Check Voucher Access
To become an Authorized submitter, complete the Application for the Tufts Marketplace, EREQ and Check Voucher, and enroll in a training session (see link below). Routing for approval will mirror eReq's approval workflow.
Training Opportunities for Electronic Check VoucherSigning In
Go to sites.tufts.edu/portal2/, sign in and navigate to “Check Vouchers” to Create or Inquire on an existing Check Voucher.The Payee must be an established Supplier in order for a Check Voucher or Student/Non-Employee Expense report to be processed. All the Department needs to do is submit the Electronic Check Voucher in Peoplesoft to TSS with the Payee Name and Email Address and if the Supplier is not yet established, TSS will follow through. For Student/Guest Travel & Expense Reports, if the Payee is in PeopleSoft but has not completed the full PaymentWorks registration (even if they have completed the short form for reimbursement) they will be invited each time an Expense Report is submitted (if the individual is going to receive multiple reimbursements or future taxable payments, it would be best to request the full Registration form be completed instead of the short form).
Required Documentation to be Attached
* For awards, prizes, fellowships & scholarships a letter to the student.
* For an honorarium, an invitation or acceptance letter, syllabus, or advertisement of visitor
* For study participants, a listed study name or IRB number with other documentation maintained in department.
* For patient refunds, a copy of the account ledger.
* For Student & Non-Employee Travel & Expense, receipts must be attached; see also the Mileage Tracker which can be used as a helpful tool and may be attached with the Check Voucher if applicable. Approval Levels & Routing
Once an authorized submitter clicks Save & Submit for Approval, the check voucher will automatically route through the following approval chain:
* Budget Center or Post Award required at $5,000 or more
* EAD, VP or Designee required at $50,000
* EVP required at $1,000,000
* Controller’s Office required at $100,000
Please note that there is no Ad Hoc capability for this process.