The ePAF system will fill in "Applied For" if the Social Security Number field is left blank. This is the replacement for the former "Dummy" or "Temporary" Social Security Numbers. It is very important that all employees do apply for a Social Security Number and provide that number to TSS as soon as possible. Some employees will not receive pay until the Social Security Number is provided.
Please see this chart for STUDENTS
that shows the different variations of what will happen with Pay for those who have "Applied For" in the Social Security Number field rather than an actual Social Security Number.
- J1 Students can be paid as soon as the job is entered
- Semi-Monthly Students will be paid only if they submit a letter from the Social Security Administration showing that they have applied for a Social Security Number
- Weekly Students will be paid only once we have the actual Social Security Number on file
- Temps will follow the same process as Weekly students
- Staff will follow the same process as Semi-Monthly Students (submit the letter in order to be paid)