TSS - Personal Purchases Erroneously Made on the Corporate Card; e-Expense Process/Owing Tufts

Personal Purchases Erroneously Made on the Corporate Card; e-Expense Process/Owing Tufts

Rate this Article (Average Rating: 0) Show Properties
First Published  :Thu Sep 18 13:46:37 GMT 2014
Last Modified  :Mon May 09 17:48:25 GMT 2022
Last Published  :Mon May 09 17:48:25 GMT 2022
Summary :  If you made a personal purchase using the Tufts Corporate card, this article will explain how to reconcile the transaction.


Primary Information

    If you erroneously made a personal charge on your Corporate Card, mark that transaction as “personal” when filling out your e-Expense report (charge to a deptID and not a grant). The amount will be deducted from your out of pocket reimbursement.  See below to confirm whether you owe the university.

    Confirm what you are owed or what you owe Tufts University

    To know what you are owed or what you owe Tufts, review your report before submitting.
    1. Click the “Print” button. 
    2. If in the “Total Due Traveler” field you see a negative number, this value represents money owed to Tufts.

    What to do when you owe Tufts?

    If you owe money on an e-Expense report, a credit voucher will be created within TSS Accounts Payable.
    To pay Tufts back, you have two options:
    1. If you expect to receive another reimbursement (sufficient to cover the amount) within 60 days you can leave the credit as is and the amount owed will be deducted from the next reimbursement.
    2. If you will not be getting a reimbursement or wish to pay Tufts back now, send a check to Tufts Support Services/Attn: Travel/169 Holland St/Somerville. TSS will deposit the money into the DeptID and remove the credit from the system. Please make checks payable to “Trustees of Tufts College” and reference the report number.
    More information about this process is available in the e-Expense User Guide.

    Owing and Reimbursement

    If you owe the University money for something like personal expenses on a Travel or PCard but you also have a Cell Phone Reimbursement or submit for Business or Travel Reimbursements or are due payment for anything else, the amount you owe will be deducted from that reimbursement or any future travel/business expense reimbursements until the amount owed is current.

Related Information



    personal purchase, corporate card, what to do when you owe Tufts, Net Owed after other payments, checks for expense reports, travel funds receivable.