Travel Expense Reimbursement Form: Students and Non-Employees
Rate this Article
First Published :Tue Sep 23 18:34:40 GMT 2014
Last Modified :Thu Nov 14 18:37:08 GMT 2019
Last Published :Thu Nov 14 18:37:08 GMT 2019
When to Use the Travel Expense Report Form
The Travel Expense form is used to reimburse travel expenses for students and guests. Paper reports can be sent to TSS with expenses in a foreign currency and the travel representatives will convert to US Dollars. It is recommended, however, that the expenses be converted to US Dollars so the approver is aware of the amount affecting their budget.
NOTE: Reimbursement is in the form of a check or EFT ( See Receiving Direct Deposit (EFT Payments). For those requiring a wire transfer in a foreign currency, this is available if the department pays the bank fee. It is important that the report be completed in a timely manner, usually within 30 days upon return of the trip.
Please submit the document to TSS with the Payee Name and Email Address and we will make sure the Payee is in the system/invite through Paymentworks if needed. If the Department would like to give the Student/Guest advance notice that they may be expecting an email from PaymentWorks, please feel free to use this template: "As we move forward in making payment to you from Tufts, you’ll be receiving an email from PaymentWorks with instructions to register with your payee details. This is a requirement in order to be paid by the university. If you have any questions please contact email@example.com or call 617-627-7000. Thank you in advance for your cooperation."
Completing the Travel Expense Report Form First Section: Traveler Information
- Traveler information: On the left hand side of this portion of the form enter Traveler's Name, Department Name, Department address, travel Destination and business Purpose of Trip. On the right side of the form provide ID# (if student), School/Division name, Campus Telephone extension and Dates of Travel.
- Preparer By: Provide name of preparer (even if same as traveler) and date the form was prepared
- Input dates expenses were incurred and the amount in the appropriate expense type box. The form is self calculating.
- Chartfield and Accounting Information: On this line you will enter the Account and DeptID Code(s), and Project/Grant if applicable, that the expense should be charged to.
- Account: All external payments (to non-Tufts entities) will be in the 5xxx range of Account numbers. To find the appropriate 5xxx Account refer to the current listing by navigating through your computer's Start Menu via Tufts Services/ PeopleSoft/ COA Reports/Account.
- DeptID: Enter the 7 digit DeptID (department account). This represents the cost center that is responsible for the charge.
- Proj/Grant: If you are charging this expense to a sponsored grant or a capital project, enter the 6 digit Project/Grant code. The DeptID field would be completed with the linking DeptID (DeptID ending in 001).
- Signatures: requires signature of payee, a supervisor or manager of the funding source, and if over $5000 the Budget Center (if on deptid) or post award (if on a grant).
Business Expense Reimbursement Form
In the event that a traveler has lost a receipt, a missing receipt affidavit signed by the traveler and school finance director/EAD (Executive Associate Dean)/VP will be allowed. This should be in rare cases. If you need assistance getting a missing receipt from a hotel or rental car company, TSS can help. Hotel receipts are required by the IRS.NOTE: For non-employees, all checks are mailed to the address listed in PaymentWorks, or if they are not in PaymentWorks, the address on the paper form, or if there are special instructions, those trump. Or if EFT payment is requested, this is Direct Deposit. Both follows the AP cycles (Tuesdays for Checks; Mondays and Thursdays for EFT).Reimbursement will be processed within 5-7 business days of when the Expense Report is received and payment will be produced on the next available payment cycle (as listed above).
student reimbursement, non-employee reimbursement, visitor reimbursement, missing receipt affidavit