I am renting a vehicle while on University business, do I need to purchase the optional insurance the rental company is offering?
- If you can answer “Yes” to ALL of the questions below, you should decline the optional insurance being offered by the rental agency. If you answer “No” to ANY question below, you must purchase the optional insurance protection being offered by the rental agency.
- Are you a Tufts faculty or staff member?
- Will you be using your Tufts JP Morgan Chase Mastercard to rent the vehicle?
- Will you be renting the vehicle in the United States (including all US territories) or Canada?
- Will you be renting the vehicle for 31 consecutive days or less?
- Is the vehicle you are renting designed to be driven on smooth surfaces and not a truck or built on a truck frame of any type?
- Regardless of the number of seats removed, does the vehicle seat 9 persons or less?