Beginning Monday, 16th March we are moving New Hire Orientation (100%) to WebEx.
At the start of employment, new staff members are expected to participate in Tufts’ New Employee Orientation Program. The intent of the program is to introduce new hires to the mission, culture, and values of the University. University policies and procedures are also presented. During this orientation, employees will also learn more about the numerous benefits available to them. New hire orientation is scheduled through the recruiters in HR. Orientation is offered on each campus. Beginning Monday, 16th March we are moving New Hire Orientation (100%) to WebEx. Orientation occurs every other week, alternating campuses between the Medford/Somerville campus and the Boston Health Science campus.. Please call TSS for specific dates. Boston Orientation takes place at 75 Kneeland Street, 6th floor; HR Training Room (601). Medford Orientation is at 200 Boston Ave, in the Charles River Room. The orientation agenda by topic is as follows:
(Benefits orientation begins at 9:00; Post Docs do not arrive until 9:30)
- Staff Benefits Overview 9:05 AM
- At the end of their presentation, the Benefits presenter for the day will provide participants with their personal tufts email
- Welcome and Introductions 10:00 AM
- Tufts history /video
- Panel: Central Administration Functions 10:30 AM
- At the end of their presentation, the TTS presenter for the day will provide participants with information for submitting a ticket to address any IT needs.
- EHS Overview and Q&A 11:15 AM
- HR Policies including OEO / eServe 11:30 AM
The goal is to wrap up Orientation after HR Policies /eServe. We will share the video from the Office of Sustainability as part of our follow email the following day. This give our participants the opportunity to not only end the day at 12/12:30 but the opportunity to also take a break and eat.
Note: New Faculty Orientation is offered twice a year. New faculty may call TSS at any time with questions regarding benefits.