One Time Awards
Lump Sum payments are given to reward a one-time event or special accomplishment that takes place over a finite period of time. For this reason, Lump Sum Payments are not added to base salary. Supplements are taxed at 22%.
|LUMP SUM BONUS||Rewards one-time event or achievement that is beyond the normal scope or expectations for the position||Examples of situations include:
- Completion of a special project
- Extraordinary customer service
- Implementation of an idea that results in cost savings, revenue generation, or improved efficiency
- Proposed by manager to Senior Administrator
- Compensation staff review lump sum bonus requests with the HR Business Partner and school or division leadership.
- Certain lump sum payments are reviewed by the Executive Vice President.
For more information on lump sum/one-time payments, please visit the One Time Awards section of the Compensation Programs and Staff Development and Compensation pages on AccessTufts.
Click here for the Request for Compensation Review or Lump Sum Payment form
Contact your HR Business Partners if you have additional questions about lump sum payments.