Annual Merit Review
Rate this Article
First Published :Tue Nov 25 21:45:21 GMT 2014
Last Modified :Tue May 01 13:24:46 GMT 2018
Last Published :Tue May 01 13:24:46 GMT 2018
Reference for all employees who have inquiries about the Merit Review Process for employees at the University.
Audience: Managers, Supervisors, Employees
Merit Review ProcessPerformance Review TimelineTufts uses an annual merit pay and performance review process to provide monetary recognition for prior year’s performance. Subject to financial considerations, a yearly budget is developed and used to reward most employees with a merit pay increase. Managers are expected to distribute merit pay based on performance and to operate within the annual merit spending budget. Merit pay helps Tufts maintain staff salaries that are competitive with the external market.
For more information on the Merit Review Process for a Manager, to review please visit Staff Development and Compensation
|MERIT PAY||Rewards performance over the past year||
- Employees who receive a rating of "Does Not Meet Expectations" will not receive an increase
- Pay increase related to performance
- Overall merit budget set according to competitive market and the university’s financial situation
- Typically conducted near the end of a fiscal year
- Manager conducts performance review and recommends increase
- Increases reviewed by school/division Senior Administrator
- New salaries implemented at start of fiscal year
- Individual must be employed before April 1 to be eligible
- Employees receiving promotions on or after April 1 not eligible
Contact your HR Business Partner if you have additional questions about the merit review process.
merit review process, merit review, merit pay, annual merit review, performance review, pay increase, merit increase, salary increase, salary