TSS - Personal Data Change

Personal Data Change

Rate this Article (Average Rating: 0) Show Properties
First Published  :Wed Nov 26 04:11:30 GMT 2014
Last Modified  :Thu Mar 04 20:59:26 GMT 2021
Last Published  :Thu Mar 04 20:59:26 GMT 2021
Summary :  Reference for employees who have inquiries on how to process changes to their personal information including changing their address, federal and state tax withholdings, beneficiaries, emergency contacts, and 403(b) retirement plan. This can be done through Employee Self Service (eServe). Audience: Employees


Primary Information

    Tufts Student Employee Address  changes (Home and Mailing) can be done through SIS.  There is also a Current Address field in SIS that does not feed to PeopleSoft. To make a change in person, please visit the Student Services Desk in Dowling to update your account.  Students can also email a request to studentservices@tufts.edu.  SIS feeds the PeopleSoft system so all Home and Mailing address changes that are made in SIS will carryover to PeopleSoft on a nightly basis. Students cannot update their address in eServe. 

    All other
    Employees of Tufts University can use Employee Self Service (eServe) to change some of their personal data, including Address, online. A Name Change and certain other fields (More information below) can only be done by contacting TSS.  Read the specific name change article for information pertaining to name changes.  

    Other Personal Information that can be updated through eServe includes Contact Information, Emergency Contacts,  Veteran Status, Race/Ethnicity, and Disability.
    There is another screen called "Additional Information" which includes Gender, DOB, Birth Country, Social Security #, Original Start Date, Last Start Date, and Highest Education Level which cannot be updated here (note there is a separate tile for Education & Credentials on the main Employee Self Service Screen that the employee can update). TSS does not actually maintain the Birth Country nor Highest Education Level information and it cannot be modified, nor is it reported anywhere. Changes to Gender, Social Security #, Original or Last Start Date all need to be made by contacting TSS. 

    Names, Address, DOB, etc. changes for Active Employees go over to most Benefits Vendors on the Benefits File feed so must be updated in eServe first, either by the employee or by TSS. (Address can be updated by employee but Name or DOB must be updated by TSS).  See more information in Benefits Feeds.

    There is a Tile in eServe called "Add Additional Names" but this is not currently functional. eServe must contain your Legal Name. See Preferred Name Change for information regarding some Tufts systems that do allow a Preferred Name. 

    For former employees/retirees and/or  for active employees not currently participating in the retirement plans through Fidelity and TIAA, please report the name change (or address change) to vendors directly in those instances.  However, note Prudential does not receive a feed from Tufts University (other than a feed for Evidence of Insurability (EOI), and does not keep record of individual employee names and addresses so there is no need to update with them (just make sure PeopleSoft is correct).
    Business address changes require a Change PAF.  Business email address information is fed to the HR system from the Tufts Directory on a daily basis.  To change your business email address, or for problems accessing Employee Self Service, please contact TTS:

    For problems with your data in Employee Self Service, including personal email, please contact Tufts Support Services:
    Email: tss@tufts.edu
    Phone: 617.627.7000
    Fax: 617.627.7001
    Web: tss.tufts.edu


Related Information



    Personal data change, eServe, Employee Self Service, change, update, new address, federal tax withholding, state tax withholding, beneficiaries, emergency contact, 403(b), voluntary retirement plan, payroll, life insurance, benefits, moved to new address, new location, personal email changes