Child/Adult/Elder Backup Care Services (Care.com)
Rate this Article
First Published :Sun Nov 30 04:16:18 GMT 2014
Last Modified :Tue Mar 26 17:20:20 GMT 2019
Last Published :Tue Mar 26 17:20:20 GMT 2019
Reference: employees who have inquiries about child care and elder care opportunities through the benefits program at Tufts.
Audience: All active, regularly-scheduled employees
2019 AccessTufts Benefits Information
Backup In-Home Child and Adult/Elder Care Services
Tufts University has contracted with Care.com, to provide backup in-home child care and adult/elder care. These services are available during the day or evening, seven days/week. University employees are entitled to use a combined total of 20 days of backup care each calendar year through this program.
This benefit is designed to help you deal with a variety of circumstances related to caregiving that may interfere with your schedule. Anytime you have a gap in your family care arrangements, Care.com will be there to assist you in giving care so you can work without worry. Care.com is the largest online network of caregivers and businesses in child, adult and senior care, pet care, housekeeping and tutoring!
Examples of how this new benefit may help you:
- When your caregiver, your spouse/partner, or your child is mildly ill
- When your spouse/partner is recuperating from surgery and needs temporary care
- During school vacations and holidays
- When your parent needs assistance to attend a medical appointment – regardless of whether they live with you or across the country
To request services, please follow these easy steps:
- Call Care.com toll-free at 855-781-1303 or register at tuftsuniversity.care.com, identifying yourself as a Tufts University employee with ID#.
- Representatives are available Monday through Thursday, 7:00 AM EST to 8:00 PM EST; Friday, 7:00 AM EST to 5:00 PM EST; and Sunday, 5:00 PM EST to 8:00 PM EST.
- At all other times, please leave a detailed message and a representative will call you back during regular office hours.
You will be charged the following rates for services:
- In-home child and adult backup care - only $8.00/hour - by check.
- In-center backup childcare - only $25.00/day per child
Please see the Family Care
/Care.com section of AccessTufts for more information on the child and adult/elder care services available to benefits eligible employees at Tufts.
All active, regularly scheduled employees at the University are eligible to utilize these services.
Vendor Contact Information
Care.com microsite for Tufts
Child Care, Adult Care, Elder Care, Emergency Child Care, day care, nursery, in-home care, Care.com, babysitter, babysit, vacation, backup childcare, Dependent, Dependentcare