When Will Insurance Cards Be Received
Rate this Article
First Published :Sun Jan 25 16:49:48 GMT 2015
Last Modified :Wed May 11 13:19:20 GMT 2022
Last Published :Wed May 11 13:19:20 GMT 2022
Information pertaining to health/dental insurance card delivery
-Medical insurance cards
- Dental Cards--Dental cards are usually sent to the home address within 15 days of enrollment*.
- New members and their dependents receive individual ID Cards within ten days of enrollment*
- If a Subscriber adds a dependent, a new ID card is sent for that dependent
- If a Subscriber and /or dependents move groups (Active to COBRA or Retiree), new ID cards are sent with new group numbers
- Members don't need a physical ID card to use benefits. Providers can confirm coverage contacting BCBS with the member's SSN or Subscriber Id #.
- Subscribers may request additional ID cards by contacting BCBS.
Members have the option to download the Delta mobile app, which allows them to access a virtual ID card, offers a provider search tool, appointment scheduling tool (with participating providers) and the ability to view claims history and plan coverage.
- Only new Subscribers (aka newly enrolled employee) will receive ID cards (a set of two cards per family)
- If a Subscriber adds/drops dependents, new ID cards are not sent, the new dependent can use existing ID cards
- If a Subscriber and/or dependents move groups (Active to COBRA or Retiree group), new ID cards are not sent, they can use existing ID cards
- Members don’t need a physical ID card to use benefits. Providers can confirm coverage by contacting Delta Dental with the member’s SSN or Tufts University Group ID (009340) and Subscriber ID #.
- Subscribers may request additional ID cards by contacting Delta Dental by phone: 800-872-0500,*** email: firstname.lastname@example.org, online portal)
***Delta Dental Cards: if you need a replacement card or never received the card upon enrollment, call Delta Dental at 800-872-0500, and follow these prompts.
Press 2 for Members/Subscribers
Press 1 to order a new card
Press 2 to enter subscriber's SSN, then enter SSN
Press 1 to confirm SSN, then enter DOB upon prompt
Press 1 to confirm DOB
Press 6 to order a new card
Press 1 to have it mailed to the address on file. The card will arrive in 2-4 weeks.
-EyeMed take approximately 7-10 business days to arrive in the mail. Two cards will be sent and will have the main subscriber's name (i.e. employee's name) on the card(s) - the covered dependents will use that same card, as the member ID will be the same # for all members.
Health plan *enrollment information is sent electronically to the carrier every Tuesday. File feed for Dental plan enrollment information is sent electronically to the carrier every Tuesday. Enrollment file feed for EyeMed is sent every other Tuesday. When the enrollment is entered in the system will determine when the information is sent to the carriers.
Mobile (Electronic) Wallet Cards for all of the Benefits are available at https://www.mymobilewalletcard.com/tufts/
insurance cards, medical cards, timeframe, enrollment