Tufts will offer Pet Insurance through Nationwide for the 2017 year.
The new Pet Insurance plans are available starting on January 1, 2017:
■ My Pet Protection (90% reimbursement on veterinary bills)
■ My Pet Protection with Wellness (90% reimbursement on veterinary bills)
· Employees are eligible for the Tufts University discount and special plans not available to the general public.
· Employees who enroll can request payroll deduction (which gives them a greater discount) at any time.
· Employees who enroll can also request a direct billing option.
To obtain plan information and a quote for coverage contact Nationwide at http://www.petinsurance.com/tufts or 1-877-738-7874. Rates are based on the animal size, breed, etc.
- Preferred pricing and multiple-pet discounts (5%-10%) are available for dogs and cats.
- NOTE: You may enroll in this new benefit at any time during the year (not subject to Open Enrollment). Coverage is effective on the 1st of the following month if you enroll by the 15th of a month. (I.e. Effective date is January 1st if enrollment is completed by December 15th. Coverage is effective February 1st if enrollment is completed between December 16th and January 15th).
- Your monthly premiums will be conveniently deducted from your paycheck as a post-tax benefit. For employees paid on a weekly basis the deduction will occur in the 4th paycheck of the monthly. For employees paid on a semi-monthly basis the deduction will occur in the 2nd paycheck of the month. Please enroll by the 15th of the month for coverage to begin on the 1st of the following month. You may enroll in, or drop coverage at any time throughout the year.
- More information available at Access Tufts Pet Insurance 2018
Additional Plan Information is available in the Microsite.