TSS - Replacement Checks For Those Expired, Damaged or Lost

Replacement Checks For Those Expired, Damaged or Lost

Rate this Article (Average Rating: 0) Show Properties
First Published  :Mon Apr 06 21:21:08 GMT 2015
Last Modified  :Wed Apr 20 15:06:10 GMT 2022
Last Published  :Wed Apr 20 15:06:10 GMT 2022
Summary : 


Primary Information

    Whether a check has expired, been damaged or is lost, one can get a replacement.  If a check has expired or is damaged, return the check to TSS at 169 Holland Street, Somerville, Attn: Accounts Payable.  If a check is lost, report it to TSS who will confirm that the check has not been cashed then put a stop payment on that check.
    Please include a note indicating whether the payee’s address is correct or needs to be updated.  AP checks are usually replaced in the next check run, but allow for one day of processing after notification of check request.  HR replacement checks are usually done via direct deposit at the next payroll.  
    Checks stale date after 90 days.  Payments over three years old are considered abandoned property and payees should contact the State of MA for more information.  

Related Information