See the ePAF Manual for step by step instructions: Time Entry/ePAF
Please note the changes that were made to the ePAF system on 12/8/2016: Updates to ePAF - 12/08/2016. And again on 4/13/2017. And again on 8/20/2017.
Taleo ID is used only by recruiters and does not need to be entered.
Mobile Phone must be entered using the international format, i.e. +1 for US numbers. For example, the number for Tufts Support Services would be entered as +16176277000.
Supervisor field must be entered but if you are unsure of the Supervisor, select the ePAF user entering the hire. All active individuals at Tufts are available to be selected as a supervisor for this field. If the person entering the ePAF doesn’t know the employee ID they can change the "Search by" dropdown from Empl ID to Description, and then search by surname.
There are also some other common errors you might run across:
1. If you are trying to hire a temp in ePAF, and you receive a message that you can't because he/she is a student, this is because the person is still registered as a student within SIS. In order to hire as a temp, the person can no longer be listed as an active student. The appropriate school registrar will need to make the change before hiring is possible. If you need assistance with this, please contact TSS.
Typically this becomes a problem when a Student graduates and you are trying to terminate the Student Job and Rehire as a Temp. Since we cannot determine when the registrar will change the Student status to Inactive following graduation, we recommend that you wait until later in the summer to make the change, which gives time for the status to be processed with the registrar. Since Students and Temps are taxed the same during the summer, this will not be an issue until the Fall, when Student Workers will become exempt from FICA tax but Temps will be subject to FICA. So, if the former student is not going to work into the Fall, you do not have to do anything, but if he/she is no longer going to be a student, you must terminate the Student Job and hire as a Temp before school begins so that taxation is correct.
2. Effective dates can only be up to 30 days in the past or 180 days in the future. Otherwise contact TSS for assistance with an effective date more than 30 days in the past.
3. If you are trying to hire a student and receive a message regarding "Student National ID," or 999-99-9999, this may be because they have not listed a Social Security # with SIS. The student needs to go into SIS and make sure a SS# is listed so it can filter into PeopleSoft. If by chance they do not have a SS#, and are paid weekly, they cannot be hired. If they do not have a SS# and are paid semimonthly, they can apply for a social security card and should give a copy of the SS letter confirming application to the department administrator who will then contact TSS for a temporary number and can process the hire in ePAF using the temporary #. Once the actual SS card is received, they will need to bring in a copy of the card to TSS so that the record can be updated. The student will also need to update SIS with the actual SS #.
Contact TSS for assistance with obtaining a temporary social.
4. The pay ranges that can be entered are as follows:
Contract/Salaried- $30-$3000 per pay period
Contact TSS to enter a rate outside of these parameters.
5. You cannot have the same Job Code multiple times within the same Home Department. You CAN have an hourly and a contract job in the same Home Department.
- If this error message shows up and it's a Contract Student, it is probably because the job already exists (check ePAF Data). If it's a different job, transfer to Tier 2.
- If it's an hourly job, contact whomever created the first job and ask that Timekeep to also enter the time for this 2nd job on a weekly basis (even though there will not be a separate record for the job in Job Data).
6. A TEMP can only be paid Hourly, not Salaried.
7. If you are receiving an error on the birthdate and the hire is under age 15, you must enter an incorrect birthdate to reflect age 15 or older, then immediately email TSS to correct the birthdate