Foreign National Checklist
Rate this Article
First Published :Wed Aug 31 19:21:01 GMT 2016
Last Modified :Fri May 13 13:21:44 GMT 2022
Last Published :Fri May 13 13:21:44 GMT 2022
Documentation needed for payment purposes
Foreign Nationals who are requesting our Payroll department to complete a tax analysis should be ready with a copy of the following documents.
- A signed copy of the foreign national form (most likely will be submitted at a later date rather than when they do the I-9 since the I-9 audit is what actually triggers the foreign national email to go out; they can email this in separately)
- Foreign Passport (the page with the individual’s photo, name, and other bio information)
- Visa (laminated into the passport)
- Port of Entry Stamp (most recent stamp from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Immigration and Border Protection - usually stamped close to the entry visa in the passport).
- Electronic I-94 (or a paper version if the individual entered the U.S. prior to 2012)
- I-94 travel history https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/recent-search
- DS-2019 (J1) or I-20 (F1) or I-797B (H1-B)