Benefits for Temps
Rate this Article
First Published :Tue Dec 20 18:29:13 GMT 2016
Last Modified :Wed Mar 25 17:12:26 GMT 2020
Last Published :Wed Mar 25 17:12:26 GMT 2020
Information about benefits that those who work on a temporary schedule receive - to inform them as to what services to what they are entitled.
Employees hired by the university on a temporary schedule are not considered benefits eligible, except for the following benefits:
Under the Affordable Health Care Act (ACA), if an employee does not have health coverage through their employer, Medicare, Medicaid, etc., they may be able to obtain affordable coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace. Health insurance obtained through the Marketplace is usually based on income. You should go to www.healthcare.gov for more information. Temporary employees who meet the ACA criteria (see attached) will be offered health coverage at Tufts University.
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Marathon Health (Wellness)
- Temp Employees can use the Tufts Tisch Gym. ( Will need to register Tufts ID with the Gym Front Desk)
- Self-Funded Retirement Plan 403(b)
- *If a Temporary Employee completes 1,000 hours of service during the calendar year, they may be entitled to a contribution to the Tufts-Funded Retirement Plan 401(a).
- *Under the ACA criteria, Non-Benefits Eligible Employees such as Temporary Employees, who were previously ineligible for paid sick time, can now earn up to 40 hours of paid sick time per benefit (fiscal) year (July 1 through June 30). Sick time will accrue at the rate of one (1) hour for every 30 hours worked per fiscal year, up to a maximum of 40 hours. For further information, see the Employee Handbook.
Temps are not eligible to sign up for Payroll Deductions for Parking passes but can purchase out of pocket with Public Safety.
eligibility, temp, temporary