IMPORTANT: Information about Fraudulent Unemployment Claims and Identity Theft
If you are notified or receive notification from the MA Department of Unemployment Assistance (DUA) in the mail of a claim in your name that you did not initiate, take these immediate steps to protect your identity. Learn more.
In an effort to respect everyone’s health & safety we are practicing social distancing. However, we are ‘open for business’ in our other methods of communication. As we have transitioned to working remotely, there may be times when we are unable to take phone calls or when service is interrupted. We welcome your calls at 617-627-7000 but you may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your patience.
Please be aware of the following:
- Payroll checks will be mailed to the home address on file. If you do not have direct deposit, we recommend you sign up for direct deposit immediately in eServe. We have already mailed any checks that we had on hold.
- We will continue to process payments according to the profile of the vendor (checks will be mailed out or direct deposits initiated).
- Given the lobby is closed, e-mail any correspondence that you would typically drop off.
- We will check mail & fax periodically. If there’s a reason you must see someone, please call 617-627-7000 to make an appointment.
- Section 2 of the I-9 must be completed in person within the first 3 days of your employment. To schedule an appointment with TSS to complete Section 2 of the I-9 in person, please use the links below.
Boston Office – Jaharis Family Center – 150 Harrison Ave., Room 133, Boston, MA
Grafton Office – Central Services Building – 7 Jumbo’s Path, Grafton, MA
Medford/Somerville Office – TAB Building, 3rd Floor Finance Lobby – 169 Holland St., Somerville, MA
Learn more about COVID-19 at any of these links:
TSS is not able to complete Section 2 of the I-9 prior to the Job Start Date. We do encourage New Employees and Rehires to complete the preceding steps, including Establishing their Online Identity, W4, Direct Deposit, and Section 1 of the I-9, in advance so that they are ready to visit TSS to complete Section 2 of the I-9 on or within 3 business days from the Job Start Date. Please direct New Employees and Rehires to the Completing and Verifying the I-9 Form Knowledge Article at tss.tufts.edu. See also the Immigration Reform Control Act information which is part of the HR Employee Policies and Procedures
Tufts Support Services (TSS) delivers a high level of service for transactional Finance and Human Resources services to Tufts faculty,
staff and student-employees. Our goal is to provide support to individuals and departments so faculty and staff can focus more of their efforts on other work that
advances their core mission and goals.
You can find more information by browsing the services listed or by searching our online knowledge base. If you can’t find what you’re looking for,
you can contact us online, by phone, email, or visit our offices located on each campus.
We look forward to working with you and welcome any feedback you have!